Experience 3-6 Months
Industry NGO / INGO
Qualifications Higher Secondary +2
Video Production & Editing Internship at Rising Lotus Children’s Village, Inc. – Kathmandu
Do you have a passion for photography and video production? Do you have a gift for capturing moments and telling compelling stories that engage a digital audience? And would you like your work to contribute towards an inernational foundation’s mission of improving the lives of Nepali children? If so, we at Rising Lotus Children’s Village (RLCV) welcome you to apply for our open Video Production & Editing Internship!
In this two month part-time internship, you will be given the responsibility to co-design both photo and video shoots, execute such shoots, and deliver final content to be used to engage both existing and prospective supporters. You will be able to bring a creative approach to content creation and editing, working with RLCV’s co-directors throughout the process. You will also be able to use created content to build your portfolio, geared towards an American and European audience. The ideal candidate Must possess excellent communication skills in English, be self-motivated and ambitious in their work, and bring a proactive and professional work-ethic.
Rising Lotus Children’s Village (RLCV) is an American-Nepali 501(c)3 non-profit children’s foundation located in Kirtipur, Nepal. Since its founding in 2006, RLCV has raised over 40 children who come from extreme poverty. Currently, RLCV is home to 28 girls aged 5 to 18 supporting their education and social development. Our girls come from all corners from Nepal, lending support to families in its most impoverished regions. RLCV is ran and operated by local director and founder Hari Prasad Sharma and international co-director Nathanael Koehler. RLCV operates solely from the support of international donors (USA, Europe, India and Japan) and local partnerships.
Please review the following pages and videos before applying:
- RLCV Website
- RLCV YouTube
- Example of video content and quality we are looking to produce:
Additional Organization related pages:
By the end of the internship, deliverables will include:
- RLCV Introduction Video – used as the primary video for donor engagement
- Interview with Directors Video – See this video
- School Visit Video profiling both schools where the children attend
- Cataog of supporter engagement digital flyers for social media use
- Professional photo catalog of children and staff – individual and group photos
- Shoot and edit content to build a library of organizational photos and videos
- Lead technical setup and coordination of on site shoots
- Develop an intimate understanding of our brand message and tone to accurately capture in video and photo form.
- Edit, catalog, and organize past photos and video
- Assist Digital and Social Media Intern in creating digital content for Facebook, Instagram feed and Instastories, YouTube and Website publiations.
- Communicate regularly with RLCV co-directors
Expectations are for 20 hours / week. Working days and hours are flexible. Work can be done remotely, however, initial introduction to the organization, final interviews and on site shoots will take place in person, both in Thamel area and at the RLCV campus in Kirtipur. The role will pay 10,000 NPR / month for an expected duration of two months. Potential for additional compensation for future projects.
- Fluent in English
- Based in Kathmandu
- Have your own computer and video camera
- Can start from the beginning of November, 2022
- Are available for duration at least through end of 2022
- Have relevant skills and interests